T&O 20-101-196 5/32" Size, 9/16" LOC, 4 Flute, Solid Carbide Finishing End Mill
|No. of Flutes||4|
|Length of Cut||9/16"|
|Tool Material||Solid Carbide|
|Single or Double End||Single|
|Type||4 Flute SuperCEED® Solid Carbide Coated Finishing Single End Mill|
|Cutting Direction||Right Hand|
|First Choice For:||High Temp Exotic Alloys|
|Length Type||Standard Length|
|Shank Style||Straight Shank|
|Tolerance_Cutting Diameter||-.0005" / -.0015"|
|Tolerance_Shank Diameter||-.0001" / -.0005"|
|Workpiece Material Range||Steel, Stainless Steel, High-Temp Exotic Alloys, Non-Ferrous, Cast Iron, Hard Materials, Plastics|
|Country of Origin||IMPORT|
Single End Mills for Finishing Applications on Hard Metals. Here are T&O's registered SUPERCREED series single end mills made from ultra-fine solid carbide and available in TiN-coated and TiCN-coated models. The tool comes with a four-flute design and a round shank. The end mill's four flutes allow faster removal of chips while cooling fluids enter easily. The tool's flat end creates sharp, unrounded cuts. The tool offers a right-hand (clockwise) cutting direction. The center-cutting design has cutting teeth at the end of the tool, thus fed into the workpiece like a drill bit. The high cobalt content allows for high cutting rates. The lower 30-degree helix angle wraps slowly and provides a strong cutting angle. The tool is best suited for difficult-to-machine materials including titanium alloys, heat resistant alloys, stainless steels, grey cast iron, and fiberglass plastics. The TiN or TiCN coatings on the thread area resist heat better than other coatings, increasing tool finish and life. Solid carbide construction makes the tool more wear-resistant at high speeds. Cutting diameter tolerance is +0.000 inch to -0.0012 inch and Shank diameter tolerance is -0.000 inch to -0.0003 inch. The tool is available in 11 different sizes ranging from 1/16 inch to 1 inch and 6 different lengths ranging from 1-1/2 inches to 4 inches. T&O brand of metalworking tools and industrial supplies is known for delivering optimal performance, quality, and consistency at an attractive price. All T&O items pass strict quality testing and standards for inclusion in our product offering.
Heat Generation Reduced
- Lower friction.
- Restricted heat conductivity.
- Increased cutting speed.
Chip Formation Improved
- Lower friction, higher flow speed.
- Reduced chip compression/cutting forces.
Extension Of Tool Performance
- High hardness protects against abrasive wear.
- High chemical stability prevents built-up edge, micro cracks and crater wear.
- Increase in tool life.
TiN (Titanium Nitride)
- This treatment will provide heat resistance and extreme hardness to allow the tool to run at higher feeds and speeds.
- TiN allows higher lubricity for freer chip flow, reducing build-up edge formation and cratering - great for general purpose use.
- On non-ferrous materials there is a tendency to gall so please use caution.
- TiN also requires an increase of 25% to 30% in machining speeds vs. uncoated tools.
TiCN (Titanium Carbonitride)
- When under conditions of moderate cutting temperatures, TiCN is harder and more wear resistant than TiN.
- It also provides 50% more spindle speed compared to TiN, especially in stainless steels.
- There is a tendency to gall on non-ferrous materials so please use caution.
- TiCN also requires an increase of 35% to 50% in machining speeds vs. uncoated tools.