PBA 1025300 10" Size 3 Jaw Lathe Chuck
|Tool Material||Forged Steel Body|
|Type||Adjustable Scroll Chuck|
|Maximum Rotational Speed||2,700 RPM|
|No. of Jaws||3|
|Country of Origin||UNITED KINGDOM|
|Shipping Restrictions||UPS SHIP ($8.00 ADDITIONAL PAC|
PBA Setrite Universal Chucks with Hardened Jaws for Maximized Clamping Force. The self-centering Setrite universal chucks from Pratt Burnerd America constitute a forged steel body, and they are manufactured with high accuracy for error-free mounting on adapter plates. These chucks assure double durability than the market standards. The 3-jaw chucks are provided with adjusting screws that offer repeatability of 0.0005-inch TIR on duplicate parts. PBA 3-jaw universal chucks are available in 6, 8, 10, 12, and 15 inches sizes. With the 15 inches chuck, three pinions are provided, and all other models come with one pinion each. Also with all models, except for the 15 inches one, four adjusting screws are included, while, for the 15 inches model, you get eight screws. The jaws of the chucks are made of hardened steel with precision ground teeth, and the chucks come with nitride-hardened scrolls. Besides, the pinions are made of hardened nickel steel. All these features make the chucks ideal for all general chucking activities. They offer greater accuracy and cause less damage, and they can be employed for jobs with high RPMs. However, you have to be a little careful not to fasten the chuck on the adapter plate too tight to avoid the vibration of workpieces during high-speed machining. PBA's 3-jaw self-centering chucks are more versatile and can effectively be leveraged for holding round-shaped parts, such as bars, pipes, etc. With these chucks, you can accurately clamp your workpieces on lathes for turning applications. You can also employ them on indexing fixtures during milling tasks. Along with the 3-jaw models, PBA also presents 6-jaw chucks that can are ideal for clamping thin-walled parts. With more gripping points, these chucks provide an evenly distributed clamping force, and they accurately eliminate distortion of workpieces during machining. Also, these chucks come with a 2-year exclusive warranty.
- PBA has taken full care to manufacture its 3-jaw universal chucks so that they can be mounted on adapter plates with minute accuracy.
- The chucks make sure that you get greater efficiency with less damage, and thus, you can use them in high-RPM machining applications.
- The adjusting screws of these self-centering chucks provide you with a repeatability of 0.0005 inch TIR on duplicate parts.
- The chucks ensure long-lasting durability than its competitors in the market.
- PBA's 3-jaw self-centering chucks are an ideal tool component for all general chucking applications.
- These versatile chucks are especially beneficial when round-shaped workpieces are involved, including pipes, bars, etc.
- In milling jobs, you can use these Setrite universal chucks on indexing fixtures.
- You can also utilize the chucks for the high-accuracy clamping of workpieces on lathes to carry out a variety of machining operations.
- PBA's Setrite universal chucks have a forged steel body and three jaws made of hardened steel with well-ground teeth on them.
- The 3-jaw chucks come in 6, 8, 10, 12, and 15 inches sizes.
- They have a hardened nickel steel-made pinion, while the 15 inches model comes with three pinions.
- Also, 6 inches through 12 inches models have four adjusting screws. Whereas, the 15 inches model has eight of them.
- Apart from the 3-jaw models, you can also avail the 6-jaw chucks from PBA.
- Eccentric adjustment of chuck on adapter to obtain required TIR on the workpiece may result in unacceptable vibration at these speeds.